Energy, Resources and Utilities
Enterprise SaaS, SAP
Background of the Customer
Cairn is an oil and natural gas subsidiary of one of the world’s most diversified natural resources conglomerates, Vedanta, with interests in oil and gas, zinc-lead-silver, copper, iron ore, aluminum, and commercial power. The company has a presence across India, South Africa, Namibia, Australia, and Ireland.
- As per SOX recommendation, there were many redundant area controls across orders to cash, procurement, finance, and sales, which created the need for the identification of various SOX-based controls to be automated.
- Multiple finance-related time-consuming, redundant, and non-efficient processes that required manual user intervention for various inputs and actions needed transformation via automation.
- The inputs to the business processes within finance-related areas were being manually populated into SAP in the format of Excel sheets or third-party systems, which were prone to errors.
- End customer-related processes were delayed and latent due to manual process dependencies.
- The team, along with KPMG, identified 25+ controls to be automated via SAP Intelligent RPA according to the SOX recommendation as per the redundancy of the business processes.
- Fiori-based screens and ABAP reports were developed for an easy and better interface, which reduced manual data processing.
- The SAP iRPA-based automations were customized and implemented to interact with different 3rd party sources to access and extract information with proper governance and delegation of authority, and then convert the data according to the required format.
- End customer invoices/emails completely automated with iRPA for near real-time
Reduction in manual efforts in periodic regulatory compliance
Faster reconciliations and reporting to SOX/Audit/Finance-related processes
Paperless Transactions for automated processes in finance.
“The Digital Transformation journey with SAP iRPA and FIORI enabled automations leads to more efficient, compliant, and effective governance. The automations also improved our end user experience, accuracy in transaction execution, and significant savings in time spent testing controls.”
CFO, Cairn Oil and Gas